Private Messaging

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Currently private messaging is disabled. We will enable it at some point this week.

Carl Russell

Looking forward to getting access to my private messages from the old forum….. my inbox was full of important communications with DAP folks…

Thanks, Carl

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

We have finished examining the structure of the 4000 private messages sent on the old site and we’re now building a system to incorporate the messages into this site. I will update here as we continue to make progress on this.

Carl Russell

We have finished examining the structure of the 4000 private messages sent on the old site and we’re now building a system to incorporate the messages into this site. I will update here as we continue to make progress on this.

Thanks Gabe……

Jean
    Participant

Can we do private messaging yet and if we can how do we? I have looked everywhere for it.

Jean

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

I have also missed using this important community feature. Look forward to it again.

dominiquer60

It is an important missing link for this community, not all words are intended for public viewing.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Good question; i will follow up on this. Donn

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Finally this is a feature that we have incorporated into the site. I have been working on it for a while and wanted to test it a bit before I launched it completely. In order to send someone a message you can click on their name (next to any comment) and you’ll be brought to their “profile” page. You can add them as a friend or send a private/public message. They will get a notice in their email of the new private message if they have not disabled notifications. If you want to see if you have any private messages you can click on your name in the right column to be brought to your profile. You can also post statuses that your “friends” can see. This is a whole social aspect to this site that we have been working to incorporate for about 6 months or so.

At this point the profile pictures are not linked to the rest of the site and I will be working to remedy that.

Please give me any feedback you may have here and ask any questions.

Gabe Ayers
    Participant

Also, if you change your avatar in your profile it will show up throughout the rest of the site. It works in that direction but does not pull what your current avatar is and put it in your profile.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Gabe, Thanks for working on this. Would it be possible to get a notification of a new PM when I log in with out going to my profile. Unfortunately, you have to remember this is a website for a some of the most un tech savvy folks (not to mention a few down right luddites!). Before anyone takes offense; I am talking about my self! Again, thanks for working on this.

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

You have to enable viewing the toolbar, this should be enabled by default on most accounts but if it isn’t enabled please go here: http://flofarm.org/dap/wp-admin/profile.php (after you have logged in) and check the box next to “Show Toolbar when viewing site”. That will show a toolbar across the top of the website that will have a number for your notifications.

Donn, I enabled your account already.

Hopefully that helps.

Jean
    Participant

Thanks for getting this to work again. I have used it already.

Jean

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

somebody send me a private message please! Thanks, Donn
    I see the tool bar now.

Livewater Farm
    Participant

pm works for me thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.