Prototype for subforum on DAP

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

I have started to lay out a separate forum category that as of yet is still only visible to us, but when we get it ironed out I can switch it out into the open.

At this point with my time and energy level this is as far as I could go. Think of topic forum titles and/or informational forums that you would like to see.

More later, Carl

Scott G
    Participant

Looks good on this end,Carl.

Carl Russell

So I can move this category out into the open any time you guys want.

I am soundly behind the post that Jason just made. Although we already have a Sustainable Forestry Forum on DAP, I think that creating one in this DAPFI category will be important.

One thing that crosses my mind is that similar to my posting of the Mission Statement, we could start a forum with a position statement, something that we work out, and post it as a closed thread that is “stuck” at the top of the particular forum, ie. our “Silviculture for Sustainability” position could be “stuck” at the top of the DAPFI Forestry Forum.

I can always edit and modify the layout after I open it to the broader community. I am not sure whether we need to wait any more, as we can still work behind the scenes and the send up position statements and updates any time we get them worked out.

Let me know and I’ll push the button that will make this viewable by any body.

Carl

Scott G
    Participant

Let’s throw this out to the rest of the core group.

Everyone, do we want to launch this out to the general public now to create more interest and gain momentum?

Yes or No?

Scott G
    Participant

Yes

Scott

john plowden
    Participant

I think it’s a great idea to open it up – Sorry for my absence – I’m wicked busy trying to get a huge job running this week, get my fire dept budget set for town approval and put my two cents in for the LIF executive committee meeting –
    Scott – I have started to add to the xls. list just need a few more days –
    John

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Well by now you all know I’m going to say the same stuff no matter who’s reading it…

yes

But we should agree that aggravating stupid distracting questions should not be tolerated. We don’t have to waste our time on people that will slow down the progress toward reaching those who are already as committed to this work as us and have earned our community support. Or slow our connections with those who may become as committed and grow our community beyond what we all collectively know it to be.

Glad to hear John is on a good job and Scott is working himself blind and we all have allot of winter in front of us…

lancek
    Participant

I say yes but I agree with jason Lancek

TaylorJohnson
    Participant

yes Taylor Johnson

Carl Russell

I am only suggesting that we create an open DAPFI category to put a front on what we are doing here on the closed one. I think we will need to keep the working group forum behind closed doors.

I would see the open DAPFI category as a place to put a face on what we have been doing, and as a way for us to get the broad community feed-back that we still need in order to move the organization forward.

I also can also moderate the open DAPFI category in an effort to keep the discussions cleaner. Although that is not my style generally.

Carl

Iron Rose
    Participant

Go for it.
    Dan

Carl Russell

Launched it. It is posted as a category on the main page. Please give me feed-back on topic titles etc.

Members of the working group, please remember that discussions in that category are open to the whole world, so you will have to keep track of where you want to have which conversations.

Carl

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Maybe someone can author a press release to be submitted to the print pubs of the animal powered industry, DHJ, RH, SFJ, and any other pubs that may be interested in this groups efforts and modern animal power.

What Carl has already posted seems pretty good to me. I suppose we would have to add some print contact info since everyone doesn’t have the internet.

Or at least this is something we can think about to formally put the group in the public view on a larger scale.

We will definitely post information about DAPFI on the HHFF site, but that and all the internet efforts are limited at this point, so hard copy presence should be something we work on next, along with some officers or structure to keep up with all/some of it.

What do you all think?

BTW – we have about six inches of wet snow now hardened by overnight drop in temps and it is winter in the Appalachians…. for sure. Now the slow down of work begins and hopefully we have things we can all continue to do to generate income and further our success economically.

Thanks for all the efforts you all have put into this.

Sincerely,

lancek
    Participant

ehy it looks good Carl, maybe what we need to do is try to diswade floks from asking dumb questions insted of just deleteing them that way we dont shrug any body off that might be serious but just dont no how to be! I no the bumpas rants has gottien on everybodys nerves but there agian we are trying to build membership!I was just thinking maybe we should limit conversation on this form to forestry and animal draft power

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.