Putting Principles to Purpose

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Off Topic Discussion Putting Principles to Purpose

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jen judkins
    Participant

I have really felt that as a newbie, I contribute so little to the draft animal power community. Everything seems so ‘in my head’ so far, no real momentum or purpose. In a way I feel like I am just sucking in all the information from this site hoping the principles I have learned will simply morph into purposeful work:o. I am getting closer, I believe though.

This weekend in the spirit of animal power I saddled up my best horse and rode about 15 miles visiting farms in my area, carrying NEAPFD pamphlets. I was surprised to find that none of my local teamsters had even heard of DAP or the field days. To my delight, they were all excited about such a venue, so I hope that many of them will attend. It was a good networking adventure for me in anycase and I now feel like a member of at least my local teamster community, even if I do prefer riding my horses at this point! There’s something about putting it out there that I want to harness animal power to my neighbors, kind of like ‘coming out of the closet’….it creates accountability. My secret is out, everyone will be watching me now….I dig that kind of pressure:eek:

Jennifer.

ngcmcn
    Participant

Good work Jen,

For years i have on many Sunday afternoons driven my team around to visit neighbors, old and new. People come right out of their houses to see a team in the driveway, quite neighborly.

Neal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.