SDAD on Rural Heritage this week?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    near horse
    Participant

I noticed that an excerpt from 2009 SDAD looks like it’s slated to be shown on Rural Heritage this week. Thought I give a heads up although I know sometimes what shows up on the program isn’t what’s listed but worth a check.

wldbrry
    Participant

I watched the SDAD on Friday night. I found the discussion on the equipment interesting and would love to have one of the new mowers by I&J. I had seen it demonstrated at the 2010 SDAD in Virginia. I just wish they had shown the plowing that happened on Friday. I had a friend that participated in that event and would love to have seen him and his horses plowing!

Looks like we will be seeing the SDAD logging program on 2/18! I enjoyed 2010 SDAD in Virginia and watching Jason Rutledge and his fellow members demonstrate there.

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting this, hadn’t seen it yet and didn’t know it was going to air. Some of this hasn’t airred yet, so it may be interesting to see if anyone else sees it.

We are still working on the details of SDAD 2011, probably will be ADAD this time around… if we can pull it all together again.

Best Regards DAP

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

A? Appalachian? Atlantic? All around? Just curious.

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

DAP Friends,

So our new name for the event is American Draft Animal Days. Certainly not that we propose this event to be about everything draft animal in the country, but that it has participants from all over the country and is not limited to demonstrators, vendors or attendees from just the South. We also got tired of folks telling us Virginia wasn’t the South.

I am going to try to attach a flyer about the upcoming event, but don’t want this thread to bump anyone off the page that has a closer date event. Let us know what you think.

We now have a bigger venue and hope for a larger attendence, it should be a great event, once we get through all the hoops to get what we need at this facility and property. Visit: http://www.virginiahorsecenter.org and have a look.

Best Regards,

PhilG
    Participant

Jason,
    Whats with the funny lookin horses on the flyer? I have come to expect those beautiful Suffolks on your flyers.
    Started the cart Friday should be done in a couple days thanks for the plans, I really appreciate you putting them up for us to use.
    Phil

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Yep, those are not our breed of horses, but have to prove that I am not just about red horses, can’t be a breed bigot, I love all horses, some just a little bit more than others, allot like my kin and friends. That fellow is a younger member of our draft horse community and is doing so well, plus it is the same breed as the editor of the pub…We’ll have plenty of red horse photos coming up.

Hey man your arch is looking good, keep it going man. The attachment point for the double tree is precise, but it doesn’t have to be the big bobby pin looking thing on the original as long as it attaches at exactly the same point on the overall frame to work properly.

Thanks for posting, come see us when you can.

Best Regards,

Jason

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.