Sdad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

Well ???? Any body go? How was it?

Mark

Scott G
    Participant

@Mark Cowdrey 11315 wrote:

Well ???? Any body go? How was it?

Mark

Mark,

From an e-mail from Jason and a thread on RH it went very well. Hopefully someone from this forum who went can weigh in. Otherwise check the RH Front porch at

http://www.ruralheritage.com/messageboard/frontporch/index1.htm

bburgess
    Participant

Mark,

My wife and I went down for both days. We had a great time. Since this was the first time I have ever been to anything like this, I don’t have anything to compare it to. There were quite a few vendors with a lot of equipment set up and demonstrated. They had two ground drive forecarts (small and large) that I thought were pretty impressive.
    Some of the highlights for me was the walking plow demonstration given by Farmer Brown, and Wendell Berry speaking Saturday evening.
    I spent most of my time in the woods watching the HHFF boys do their thing. Just a great bunch of guys and some incredible horses.
    Hats off to Mr. Rutledge and everyone that made this event possible!

Ben

draftman
    Participant

Just wanted to give Jason and all the people at HHFF & East Tn Draft Horse and Mule Assoc a Big Thank You! for having such a great event. I enjoyed everything about the SDAD. Meeting new people and learning different ways of working draft animals was great. I even got to stay another day because Andy wanted dad to pull the sawmill home. Jason I want one of those logging arches like you have. See Ya!:)

SwampOak
    Participant

I also want to add how much my wife and I enjoyed the event
    Very much enjoyed spending the afternoon watching the HHFF horse at work.
    Also wanted to thank Mr. Jason for taking the time to talk with us.
    Looking forward to next year

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Ty R.,

http://www.healingharvestforestfoundation.org/docs/Log_Arch_Plans.pdf

This is a link to the page on our web site where the blueprints are for the little simple arch we use or the one demonstrated by the two Biological Woodsmen, Chad Miano and Blane Chaffin.

The one Chad Vogel was operating was a Jimmy Brown arch featuring the quick release slot bar and guard on the front. If you want one of those we brought that one back to Virginia on consignment for sale for Jimmy.

Thanks for you and your Dad coming out. I was impressed that you all put firewood bundles together and sold them, very enterprising youngster. Next year maybe y’all can bring your horses. Have you ever been to Virginia?

Keep working them when you can, stop them when every thing is perfect and keep your signals clear.

Sincerely,

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

If you go to the photo gallery you may see some new photos in the events section from our little Southern Draft Animal Days event.

We hope you enjoy them and the descriptions.

Thanks,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.