Searching For Summer Internship Rutland Area

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Education Searching For Summer Internship Rutland Area

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zeek
    Participant

Hey Everybody,
    My name is Madi Zeek and I’m a Sustainable Ag student with a focus in animal studies at Green Mountain College. This summer I’m living in the Rutland Area. And I’m searching for an internship this summer that can be a few days a week of working with a teamster. Unfortunately I can only afford a few days a week so that I can spend the other days working and making money to continue to pay for college.
    I have a high level of animal behavior experience, and also experience working with the oxen on our farm. As far as driving them and doing circles figure eights and basic pulling I feel confident with but I think to really gain my skills to the fullest extent I need to work with a teamster. I also have basic horse back riding skills and a very very beginner’s introduction to driving horses.
    I don’t have a preference of oxen or horses, I just want to work with a teamster who knows what they are doing and is willing to teach.
    I’ve worked on a farm for full season and I’m not afraid of grunt work. I’m willing to work for lessons.
    Please let me know if anyone has free time this summer to assist my learning.
    Thanks, Madi

daniel grover
    Keymaster

Both Carl Russell and Jenn Judkins are not far from Rutland. Try Resting Heart Farm for Jenn.

–Daniel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.