seeking Haflinger Harness

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell Equipment seeking Haflinger Harness

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    thirdbranch
    Participant

Looking for a Haflinger sized work harness, single or team. I have collars and bridles that fit, but the harness that came with the horse is not usable. I need single lines too.
    any leads appreciated!

Michael Low
    Participant

What part of the country are you in?

thirdbranch
    Participant

Vermont

Livewater Farm
    Participant

might have something what size hame do you need and how big are your horses
    Bill
    Livewater Farm
    Putney Vt

thirdbranch
    Participant

about 13.3h, drafty build on one. 850-900lbs. will measure hame size in the morning.

carl ny
    Participant

I have a complete set-up of Bio parade harness with scotch collars. They also work as a working harness. Everything to drive double or two singles.

Carl nny

thirdbranch
    Participant

22″ hames

Bill, i am from southern VT, so could easily come to see what you have…

Carl, how much are you asking for the Biothane harnesses?

carl ny
    Participant

$800.00 for the Harness.

thirdbranch
    Participant

Carl can you tell me what this includes? can you send a photo? info@thirdbranch.com

carl ny
    Participant

Two complete harnesses, collars, bridals with checks, scotch collars, and two sets of team lines one of which I have apart to use as single. also two sets of loops, hold downs, and hold backs to drive single. Britchenless crouper for lead horse in tandem, I do not have lead horse lines or tug extensions for tandem. I think that is all. I don’t have a pic. right now and would have to have my son help me post it(computer illiterate). Go to my face book page (Carl Lyndaker) and you can see a pic. of my team in action(sorrel ponies with show wagon not Brabant draft horses with bob sled). Harness have some crome but are a little on the plain side. Hope this helps.

Carl

Lizzy Koltai
    Participant

Hi,

If you haven’t already gotten your harnesses from Bill or Carl, I also have a team set of haflinger harnesses for sale including collars, bridles (with removable blinders), hames, croupers, check reins etc. I bought the set new, but only worked that team for a year before I ended up with a Belgian. They are nylon with biothane on all parts that contact the horse. I’m asking $1,100 for the set.

I’m in Central Maine.

Best,
    Lizzy

dominiquer60

I have a nylon lined bio D-ring single harness, very little use. It is just a harness, no hames, collar, bridle or lines. Almost new $400

thirdbranch
    Participant

thanks everyone!

when he heard the harnesses that came with the horse were not usable, the farmer i got them from took them to a harness maker to be repaired (on his honor and no cost to me).

so now i have a set of working harnesses and a restored faith in the goodness of others!

we just hitched the mare yesterday for the first time in 6 years, and she did well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.