Senior Project Video – Forestry Using Draft Animals

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Working with Draft Animals Senior Project Video – Forestry Using Draft Animals

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Here is a 15 minute short film showing my daughter Tulie putting together some of he basic skills she accumulated over the last 8 months of studying this with me. Although she has worked with me for years, she has been a busy pre-teen and teenager, so only during this project did she put in dedicated time to advance her skills. This along with going to Vermont Technical College instead of Highschool, working, socializing, and playing sports…..

thumbs up, thanks for sharing!

carl ny
    Participant

Good one,thank you,wish there were more like that. Both of my boys grew up with horses. In 4-H they did everything from halter to barrel racing to driving. Now at 28 years old the younger one has virtually nothing to do with them. At 30 years old the older one has four drafts and four riding horses….Go figure….

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

Seeing this really makes me appreciate what all the horse drivers do. I have never actually seen the whole harnessing start to finish. That takes a lot of time and dedication, I am very impressed. It makes throwing a yoke on seem like cheating. It is also neat to see how this is passed on within a family. My son is still little but I do hope he can yoke cattle at a young age even if he never pursues it. The lessons that are learned from working with the animals can’t be taught in a school or any other extra curricular activity for that matter. This was great to watch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.