Single in the woods (pictures)

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Member Diaries Single in the woods (pictures)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

It was a good day working single in the woods. Me-Zeke-Neiko.
    I took a day off today and slept in till 6. Made coffee, real breakfast, and talked with Reva abot DAPNet finance for almost 2 hours. It was a good morning, but I was itching to get outside and start cutting firewood for next winter. This winters was cold, dark, sad, and I did not get our much. I had plowed out some logging roads with a bulldozer 2 weeks ago, and wanted to get out there and use them. Also, I wanted to work some more with Zeke.
    I’ve been working with Zeke as much as possible this winter, with mixed results. Work and weather have made our work schedule erratic. Not every time out has been good, but lately we’ve been getting better. Skidding logs seemed like the next step.
    Here are some pictures, and they show how well we did. I did not take a picture of the pile, but we hauled out 28 logs in less than 2 hours- all logs I cut in about 2 hours in the morning. Maybe 1/2 cord of wood in 4 hours work, but we were going slow and training and it went PERFECT. I am glad to know that I can continue and some days it is as good as it used to be. I ry to be patient and must realize that now I am way motivated to get out working hard again, but need to go into it slowly and be happy for whatever I get.

LongViewFarm
    Participant

No luck with pictures. I will try again later.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by LongViewFarm.
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

Pictures?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dominiquer60

Good to see you both “back in the saddle” 🙂

Will Stephens
    Participant

Awesome Jay!

Brad Johnson
    Participant

Jay-
    So happy to see you and Zeke back at it. Are you going to do the workshop again with your students? I really enjoyed that and would be happy to work with you and your kids again. Best wishes for a good spring!
    -Brad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.