Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jac
    Participant

I know some on here will know of this but for this redneck its new …. Skype is a program where you can talk for free with other Skype users world wide… I thought it may be usefull for us on here because of the far flung membership.. talking each other thru any problems would be handy as well as the ability to just shoot the breeze…..
    John

near horse
    Participant

Hi John,

We use Skype every Sunday to visit with our daughter and son-in-law in Plymouth England. Works pretty good …. sort of like talking to astronauts with the few second “delay” in transmission. Picture – sort of blurry but still for free …….

My wife set up the account and I think you have to put some money into it (like $10 maybe) but then it’s free after that. I’ll ask her for details when she gets home.

dominiquer60

I use Skype to talk to a friend in Wisconsin, I have never paid a cent, but I started my account years ago, so I am not sure if things have changed since then. It is certainly a good tool to have around.

jac
    Participant

Might be an idea to add the skype name to the details on the members map ??? well for those that want to have the contact that is … just shows how far behind i am when you guys have had it for years haha …
    John

near horse
    Participant

@dominiquer60 30705 wrote:

I use Skype to talk to a friend in Wisconsin, I have never paid a cent, but I started my account years ago, so I am not sure if things have changed since then. It is certainly a good tool to have around.

I think we had to put some money in to open an account but that amount stays the same (ie never gets used).

Grandad
    Participant

Skype is free…computer to computer. For an almost miniscule amount of money an account can be set up that enables the skyper to call land lines and cell phones. I had a long conversation with my brother last night. He is currently working in Bogata Colombia and I am in a remote work camp in the wilds of northwestern Alberta Canada. By contrast, my brother was working in Colombia in 1969 and wanted to call home on Christmas day. He and his wife went to the main telephone office in the town they were in and it took 6 hours to get a phone line out. Times and technologies have certainly changed. Old fashioned vacations are still in style though so I’ll take this oppurtunity to post a couple of pics of my grandsons and I on vacation. Merry Christmas to all!

near horse
    Participant

That says you’re on the Clearwater River. The one in Idaho?

Grandad
    Participant

Hello Near Horse,
    This Clearwater River is in Alberta near the town, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. These pictures were taken about six miles from the eastern boundary of Banff National Park. The headwaters of the Clearwater are in the park.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.