Slobberknockered by a Tugboat!

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Stories, Poetry, Jokes, Etc. Slobberknockered by a Tugboat!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

I had to drive up to Clarkston today to check out a potential client for my rent-a-goat. (It’s about 80 miles from here). I took along my two dogs, Nell {the Border Collie/Aussie} and Tugboat {the Newfoundland/Great Pyrenees} in my pickup. 5 small bridges on the reservation are being replace all at once, which, of course, means slow going. Nell rides on the cross-bed toolbox, while Tuggie likes to put her front feet on it and look out over the roof. I’m driving along, when I notice a state trooper right behind me…
    I keep to the construction-site speed limit (of course!), and he never changes lanes to pass me – I’m thinking I’ll get pulled over for something or other…
    We hit the end of the construction zones, it’s 65 mph now, w/ a turnout lane…he’s still on my butt. I decide to ignore him, crank up the rock and roll, just keep it at 62 mph. A mile or so later, I notice his windsheild wipers come on.
    WTF???
    Fine, I don’t know what he’s trying to signal, but I ain’t stoppin’ ’til I see the flashing lights…
    Again, his wipers come on…
    and yet again, this time, I notice he’s using his windshield fluid…???? He’s REALLY got my curiousity up, now – so I’m watching him close, when I see this big ol’ wad of something or other come flying out and smack his windshield! It never came by me, so I know it CAME from my truck…I’m definitely getting pulled over, right?
    Nope! he’s passes me, shaking his head and trying to hide a smile…shaking a finger at…Tuggie!!!!
    I realize what’s just been happening and almost swerve off the road, laughing!!!
    She only drools when she’s in the truck (don’t know why that is), and that state trooper must be a dog lover, ‘cuz he just got…
    SLOBBER-KNOCKERED BY A TUGBOAT!!!!!

*I pity the next motorcycle rider that comes up behind me at 65 mph, when Tuggie’s in the back!!!*

…And how was YOUR day?

LStone
    Participant

Hah!!
    Much better now, Thanks.

leehorselogger
    Participant

thanks I needed that!!!!

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

My turn…
    Going up to L-town, got the 3-80 air conditioner on (open all 3 windows and drive 80 mph!), when Tugboat, who’s been enjoying the ride – more so than anyone driving behind us – decides to stick her head in through the back window…before I could push her big old noggin back out…you guessed it…my turn to get slobberknockered!
    *yuk*
    I don’t care if it WAS me…that was funny!
    Hey! Anybody wanna go for a ride in my truck?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.