Small Farm price reduced – we want to find a farmer!!!

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell/Lease Real Estate Small Farm price reduced – we want to find a farmer!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brad Johnson
    Participant

I posted previously about our small farm here in Randolph Center, VT. We have had little interest so we have reduced the price by $55,000 in hopes of attracting some potential new owners. To add to my previous post, this property is ready to farm, particularly for someone using livestock or mixed power. The barns are here, water lines and hydrants are in, perimeter fences are in place and in great condition, we have plenty of hay storage, pasture and tillable ground for vegetable growing (we already have 1500 sq. ft. under cultivation), and there may be opportunities to graze our neighbors pastures. The schools here are strong for those with kids, and we really like this community. And, we have established markets for poultry, beef, lamb, and pork; we had no trouble at all selling 750 chickens, 100 turkeys, 5 beefers, 6 pigs, and a dozen lambs a season (all grass fed). The vegetable market is tougher as there are lots of growers but there is room here for that as well. The land was certified organic previously, though we did not keep it current as the organic market was not our target with the livestock we produced. Also, our road gets enough traffic to sell right from the farm. The right person could walk in here today and start farming. Our house is in good shape and needs little in the short term except an exterior paint job. The kitchen is new as is the horse barn. The only reason we are selling is to get a larger woodlot that better fits my current business model. Otherwise, we would stay put, as it really is a special place. We are willing to negotiate with the right buyer. Please spread the word if you know of anyone who might be interested, and feel free to call me directly if you have questions or want to take a look (802-345-7488). Thanks!
    -Brad

Brad Johnson
    Participant

Farm is under contract!
    -Brad

Carl Russell

yay!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.