Small Stud Wanted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I have a 4 y/o Belgian mare that I like a lot. I have had her about six months and she will be raking and tedding hay today. I have not yet hooked her to the gas powered PTO cart, but will soon. She is currently 15.2h and about 1400#. I love this size of horse. In the future I would like to breed her to a nice stud but not to big. Maybe 16h and 1700# Max. I would consider Belgian, Percheron or other Breed. I would be interested in buying the stud or just finding one to breed to if he was close enough to Central NY. No rush just keep me in mind. Donn at Northland Sheep Dairy.

Haflinger Puller
    Participant

Hi Don,

If you are looking for a small stud, in the range you are looking for check the Haflinger web site for the Haflinger Stallion, Nieman Marcus. He is close to your area as he is standing in Ohio, I live in Oklahoma. He stands 15.2+ hands and over 1300 pounds from what I have heard and read. This beast beat all comers at the Ohio State Fair Draft Horse show. I have no connection with the horse, but he is something to see and I will breed to as soon as I can find someone who is competent enough to perform AI without having to take my mares off the farm.

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

We have a fellow in our group that has a smaller Suffolk stallion that would cross nicely on a Halflinger. This horse is for sale and is about 1500 pounds and short in statue. He is broke to work and can be seen on the http://www.suffolkpunch.com
    site. His name is Cumberland’s Jango. He is just simply not being used in his current location.

He is owned by Ian Snider at: 828-266-3379, mtnworks@gmail.com

I will post him on the horses for sale page here too…

I think he may be bought for a reasonable price. Ask him what he will take?

I have bred three normal sized (1600 lbs.) Suffolk mares to this horse and the offspring are small around 1500. So a cross with a large pony would likely be small also and have the characteristics of both breeds…great working animal..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.