Spreading manure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    karl t pfister
    Participant

Spreading Manure I got to say I really love it ! I have a 4ac piece of hay land that the beavers think ought to be flooded and for the last 10 years I have thought ok . But now I have changed my mind and want it back , they can’t eat grass anyway . Put a ditch in last summer the beavers are gone and I got 9, 14 yard dump trucks of Manure from a local show barn . I usually spread in the fall but I’m going to change the scenery from Reed Canary grass and swamp saw grass etc to manured ,limed,plowed, disced, Buckwheat ,disc Buckwheat , disc planted timonthy red clovered field , all because i love to spread manure .Well actually I have to say I love doing all of the above and making hay too ! But putting M on as thick as I can and plowing it under , It doesn’t get any better ! Usually about this time of year I get all nervous with what looks like too much to do and start tractoring around , well we ‘ll be doing less this year and more horseing around .They will be in shape come haying so I’ll do more tedding, raking and have to try someway of baling too. But it really is about the spreading,aka giving someone sh–,I guess I’m giving myself some of it too,but its all true

Marshall
    Participant

For some reason I also enjoy speading manure. I always tell my Dad when we are out there that I must be nuts. For some reason he has never disagreed with me.

karl t pfister
    Participant

Well you know, it sort of like tedding , it’s the accuracy thing.,except with the spreading there’s a rhythm to it ,with stopping to reload ,while the horses blow a bit and off again. I think I’m enjoying it especially since I am using 3 across for the i/st time in quite a while .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.