Successful Fund Raising

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Member Diaries Successful Fund Raising

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

I just wanted to get on here and brag a little. So we have been trying to raise funds to purchase a cultivator system for our oxen. We decided on the All-In-One because it is made just a bit south of here, and it seems like the best fit for our current garden system. We have a local crowd funding, think kickstarter, progem here called fundHumboldt. Check out our campaign here:

Well we did it! our community support was awesome, and we raised enough to buy a new tool and then some. I am so stoked to buy something that doesn’t need to be de-rusted and fixed before using it.

Here are some links to the local press that helped us get the funding that we needed.

Anyway, I am excited to use the tool and I will be posting about how it works with our oxen.

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

hmmm I wonder why the links don’t so up?

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

nope

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant
    Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

well that worked

Does’ Leap
    Participant

Hi Kevin:

Congratulations! This is a great example of creativity and the blending new (the internet) and old technologies for enhanced functionality and sustainability. This effort clearly enhances your community’s stake in your farm and vice versa – an accomplishment perhaps as impressive as raising the funds.

Thanks for sharing.

George

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

Thanks George that is exactly what I hope to do with our farm, use old and new when appropriate. Our crowd funding experience has been great with lots of learning and rewards. I got a call from our local chiropractor who is sending a check in, they don’t do pay pal, but he just wants to support more good food in our community. Even in a small community like here you would be surprised at how many people just don’t know what you are doing. They might think that it is a wonderful thing but they don’t see you and therefore don’t know. It really makes me realize how much room for growth in the sustainable farming world there truly is. Any how it has been fun and we get a new toy to play with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.