Sustaining Membership

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bendube
    Participant

Hey Everyone,
    I had an idea about getting more financial resources into the organization:
    “Sustaining Membership.”
    For my public radio station, I donate $5/month automatically from my credit card through the sustaining member program.
    I think a lot of people would feel more able to pay $2-$3 / month than $20/yr. Even to me, the monthly amount feels like less, even though its clearly more. I don’t have any expertise in setting such at thing up.

daniel grover
    Keymaster

Seems to be a useful way of consistently raising money which lots of orgs use.

If this is something that DAP wanted to persue, I found this article which lays out some of the options available online. Seems like most of the services take a cut but that may be worth it if having a monthly giving option brings in donations that were previously not coming in at all. Better to lose 2.9% of a donation than 100%.

Rebekah
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    Great thought. I was not able to follow the link you gave – can you get me an address?
    Thanks,
    Bekah

daniel grover
    Keymaster
    Jean
    Participant

Before you go ahead with this (which I think is a great idea) talk to me. We may as well get some benefit from my past credit card sales career. Maybe if I use it for good I will get back some of the soul I lost doing it for a greedy son of a beech.

Jean

Rebekah
    Keymaster

Thanks, Daniel,
    That link worked. I think that people can already do automatic/ reoccurring donations with PayPal but I’ll have to check into that. It may just be a matter of getting the idea out there. Jean, let’s talk.
    -Bekah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.