The Horse Drawn Mower Book

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Books/Resouces The Horse Drawn Mower Book

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Russel
    Participant

Hi all

Is this book out of print because I cant seem to find one anywhere? If it is why?? Surely there is a demand for this book!

Thanks
    Russel Harvey

LStone
    Participant
    Jim Garvin
    Participant

I’ve had one on order with SFJ since before Thanksgiving. They said they were going to be re-printing them and that I should receive it by the end of January…..LET’S HOPE SO!!! They had a hard-covered version for sale at the NEAPFD, but I couldn’t see buying it ($50.00) and then getting it all dirty while working on my mower. Hope you have better luck getting your hands on one.

jwayne972
    Participant

LStone, that’s where I bought my copy from, through Amazon. That was early last summer though.

Pete
    Participant

http://www.aaronmartin.com i seen some in his store.

Russel
    Participant

What mowers does this book cover? Is it worth it?

And Haying with Horses?

Pete
    Participant

It is a great book you won’t be disapointed.

near horse
    Participant

Hi Russel,

I have Haying w/ Horses and it has a chapter on mowers rather than a whole book. Other chapters cover rakes, stackers, loose hay systems, buckrakes, baling (I think)…..

Anyway, I bought this book about 2 months before the Mower book was released because I was trying to rebuild a McD #6 and needed some guidance.

What do you need to know? The basics on refurbishing/evaluating a mower are in the Haying book – PM me if you want and I can try to scan those pages and e-mail them to you – most of the descriptions are either #9 or JD #4 but a lot of it can be used to understand other mowers. Just depends on what you’re looking for. Plus for more specific stuff – try e-mailing our mower man Donn Hewes 🙂 He’s as good as any book!

All the best.

ghoward
    Participant

If anyone is interested, I have an extra Horsedrawn Mower book by Lynn Miller that is now listed on ebay.

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

@ghoward 24430 wrote:

If anyone is interested, I have an extra Horsedrawn Mower book by Lynn Miller that is now listed on ebay.

Provide a link?

Jim Garvin
    Participant

I received an e-mail from SFJ yesterday, indicating that they were “possibly” another 4 weeks out in re-printing the book, and suggested that I try to find it elsewhere. I did a brief Google search and located one on Amazaon at $112.00:eek:. I called Meader Supply this morning and have one waiting for me to pick up tomorrow morning. She said they have three more in stock, so if anyone is interested, you ought to jump on it….they may become as rare a hen’s teeth:rolleyes:.

near horse
    Participant

I saw The Horsedrawn Mower Book for sale on Ebay -32.95 + 6.80 shipping.

Here’s the link – if it doesn’t work, let me know.

http://stores.ebay.com:80/Buggy-Horse-Stuff-and-Sleigh-Bells/_i.html?_fsub=4539828

PS – there’s more than one copy available and you don’t need to bid, just buy at that price.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.