The Lost Arts Collaborative

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Education The Lost Arts Collaborative

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    FarmerPhil
    Participant

It was over 30 years ago when I was introduced to the Foxfire Series of books on lost and endangered arts of the Appalachia mountains. I got hooked on the concept and now, so many years later, a team of individuals and I are launching a 501c3 non-profit to continue the effort of assisting those individuals who possess the knowledge, skills, and practice disciplines needed to cultivate a community of interest around an endangered or lost art. There are many examples such as the arts associated with Draft Animal Power and droving.

We are calling our organization, “The Lost Arts Collaborative”. Our farm name (in Still River, MA USA) is Captain Pollard’s Flintlock Farm. We look forward to promoting your art and look toward to future with excitment on educating others and promotion of your demonstrations of DAP or other lost or endangered arts.

Right now we are hoping to leverage the DVD, The Farmer and the Horse in our educational efforts. However, if you have any good photos or slide sets that we could use to educate children or the general public on DAP… please contact us.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.