The new All in One.

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment The new All in One.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

I picked up the brand new Anny’s All in One last week and have already been putting it to work. I have not used any other cultivators but I am pleased at how it is working for us. We hilled the potatoes with it to start and while it took a little while to get the adjustment right and learn how to steer the unit I am super happy at the end result which is a half acre of potatoes hilled in an hour. While the tool bar doesn’t look like much in the pictures I can tell that the materials and the construction of it are high quality . It feels like something I will be able to pass on to the next generation unlike many things made new today. It is a simple design and easy to manuever around the garden. It will take some time to work out how to integrate it into our vegetable systems but I am excited to be able to put the steers to work in the garden. I can see great potential in designing more tools for this set up. Finger weeders and a two row planter are already on the wish list. I can’t wait use it more. Here are some pictures, and more to come.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

I wanted to do an update on the All in One. We used to unit to prep and plant all of our fall and winter gardens. Using the furrower, the discs to make beds and I made a simple planter to go on it. The planter is just a tool bar and two earthways bolted to it pretty simple but I am proud of it none the less. I can’t wait to use it in the garden next year. The only thing I will need to do is make a new yoke that set the steers a little wider apart. Right now their yoke is 36 in on center, but I think I need at least 42 in. I will have to make a new yoke soon anyways. Here are a few more pictures.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chandler
    Participant

Seeder attachment looks great. Nice work!

Anthony
    Participant

Thanks for the update Kevin. Nice simple seeder setup. I am looking at getting an All in One for next season partially because of the easy possibility to make such simple tools.

What is your bed width? It looks like you have it at wide as it will go.

What are your plans for cultivating, especially the crops that are more than 1 row per bed?

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

The tool bar for the hilling discs is exactly 42 inches wide. The bed that it makes is smaller because the discs throw inward from there. It is enough for two rows of small crops like turnips and carrots at 12 inch spacing. The unit has a cultivator but we haven’t been brave enough to run it over a seeded bed so we are hand hoeing our winter plantings. It will take practice until I am comfortable using the steers to cultivate double row crops. We have used the cultivator over single row brassicas with some success. We are happy with it but it will change our planting plans and will hopefully save time in the garden.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.