Them Kids these days!!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robernson
    Participant

My neighbor and I were on our daily hay spreading trip with the mules. I was at the lines (suprising isn’t it?) and he was throughing hay out of the wagon.

I turned to take us back to the barn when I saw something completely unexpected,people!!! I turned the mules around so that the back of the wagon was facing the people I had spotted. I then whispered to my neighbor to look behind us. He spotted them as well. I was then instructed to turn around and head staight at them. I did as I was told and was just getting the mules “lined up” with my “target” when my neighbor told me to speed up. I did as I was told and sped the mules up and kept my heading towards the people.

We were about 50 yrds. Away when I noticed they had a GUN!!!!!!! I was scared to death. We were about 10 yards away when my neighbor reached to the wagon’s floor and I heard a “Click……Click…….Click…” I knew at once that he was loading a weapon of some sort. He obviously knew that I was on to him as he told be to keep the mules steady. We were not far at all when he told me to take the mules around the field and he lept from the wagon:eek:
    As I turned around I heard one of the kids yell,” Don’t shoot mister,it is only a BB gun!” To that I heard my neighbor reply,” Well this ain’t!”

I returned from my lap around the field to find my neighbor standing in the field waiting for my return. It seems that the kids were in high school and were sitting in the seldom traveled pasture smoking. They had left while I was gone. My neighbor told me to never mention this to his wife or she would be hysterical with fear of a “break in”.

As we un-hitched and put the mules away my neighbor said something I will never forget. “Those idiots,they thought these were horses!”

Now,more than ever, I feel so blessed to have such a good friend and teacher right down the road.:D

~~R

Jean
    Participant

Its always good to be on the right side of the gun. (said by someone who has never touched a gun, even when told by the judge’s wife to shoot any deer, raccoon, or other varmint that dared to eat her garden)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.