Thermometers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

This happened to me just today; so I haven’t named it yet (although ideas are welcome!).
    One of my FF doelings aborted yesterday, and I need to monitor her temp as a early sign of possible infection. I went to town, looking for a digital thermometer & went to the pharmacy, as the feed store would charge about $15 extra for the same thing. While the store clerk was helping me, we noticed the $4 price difference & were trying to figure out what different features would explain that. She was reading the labels & said: “See here; this one says for oral use only & this one says oral/rectal –> its intended for oral AND rectal use.” And I said: “No, for me, its for oral OR rectal use.” And she said: “What’s the difference?” And I replied:
    “The flavor.”

I told her that I’d buy one now, and get another for human use later. She then said “I’ll label this one for you so you can tell which is which” & I told her there was no need to. When she asked me, “Why not?” I told her:
    “That’s what friends are for.” 😮

jen judkins
    Participant

That one left me feeling alittle queasy, Robert….:o

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

Oh, are you feeling sick? Here, let me take your temperature.
    {Um, I prefer Robert, please}

jen judkins
    Participant

@Robert MoonShadow 5277 wrote:

{Um, I prefer Robert, please}

Correction made:rolleyes:

manesntails
    Participant

I don’t spend money on them “new fangled digity thermo~meters”:D

I get the vet thermometers in the black case. They have a ring in the end you attach a string and a clothespin to. When you grease it and,……..errrr…….insert it, you then clip the clothespin to the tail hair, then, come back in two minutes to check it.

You’re not getting me standing there holding a thermometer in a goats arse:p

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

Manes: 10 seconds & you’re done with it. Word to the wise, though: get the non-flexible tip; I got the flexible tip type, thinking it’d be less uncomfortable & less prone to puncture anything, but w/ a very upset & indignant goat to wrangle w/ one hand… well, “She just don’t wanna go, Keptin!!” 😮

*Note to Self –> Build that @#%%^& stanchion, already!!* 😡

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.