Tractor? Or not?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Eli
    Participant

I went to Red Wing a man had a quarter horse size harness to fit my curly mares. I had been looking for a harness for a wile so when I found one I went and got it. I will look you up next time I’m out that way. I may have to dust off my bike and just take a road trip I used to ride all the time before I got into horses. I’m glad to hear the creamery is doing well, it must be the tank I worked on years ago. I put cold tar epoxy In a waste water treatment tank. When I was their I talked to a guy tig welding stainless I thought it was cool and now I weld stainless all the time. Sorry I can’t resist adding little factoids about my life. My wife says its part of being full of bull stuff. Eli.
    P.S. Is that a corgi on your website? We have corgies and boarder collies. I have a corgi on my lap as I type.

gwpoky
    Participant

Yep, Corgi’s, they run the place. 🙂

PeytonM
    Participant

HOWES still hauling in to Ellsworth? My brother hauled for them with a tractor and tanker a few years back.

j.l.holt
    Participant

You could buy a mid size loader tractor, then have it for the loader…and when you need to bale that hay ahead of the rain…In farming, the only thing that has to be done now ,,is make hay. The plowen,planten,,and corn picken can wait a while if need be.

dominiquer60

I went from using one tractor to 2 this week. We finally rigged up my old Allis Chalmers G so that my Planer Jr. would fit under it. I like using horses and steers, but when they live a good .7 miles from where my garden is, they are not always convenient, plus this G has a creep gear and is much happier going very slow than the animals are. I plan on only using it for seeding crops, but can do some cultivation in a real pinch (cultivator unit not near as nice as the horse draw one). A different transplanter (hopefully animal powered) is in my future and once I have made some of my life savings back maybe even a EZ Trail plastic mulch layer, black plastic or biotello really paid off this year on the crops that had the luxury of being planted in it. Otherwise the only thing that I use the big tractor for is wet dibbling with the Rain Flo transplanter and some occasional heavy discing. Sam can use all 6 on the bigger disc, but I can’t yet and he has enough other things to do, so heavy disc and tractor it is for now. In the end it is nice to have choices and to be able to pick the best tool for the job.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.