Trapped in a Pumpkin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This one ain’t exactly about draft animals or farming, but it should appeal to those who share my distrust of modern technology.
    My dear, sweet, and very blonde sister got a brand new corvette for her anniversary (yeah, must be nice eh?). It’s bright orange so she calls it “The Pumpkin”, like in Cinderella. She’s got it garaged for the winter. Today she went out to start it and the battery died. Of course this thing has alll the bells and whistles and everything is electronic. She tried to get out, but the door solenoids wouldn’t pop. Naturally, there are no real door handles among it’s many conveniences. The windows wouldn’t open either and there’s no inner trunk latch because sports cars don’t have a trunk. She managed to get the roof panel unlatched, but it was too heavy for her to lift out and one side was stuck. Finally, the discomfort of sitting in a ice cold car (the electrically heated seats aren’t so warm with no battery) overcame her embarrassment and she had to phone for help. The cop and firefighters who responded used a ladder to help her climb out the roof. I’m sure they are still laughing down at their respective stations about her BlondeStar rescue.:rolleyes:
    Personally, I think she’s just setting up her dumb blonde defense to get out of tickets when spring arrives and the roads clear.;)
    This is one problem I’ll never have to worry about on my 52 Chevy half-ton. Of course, keeping the doors closed around tight corners is another matter:D

jen judkins
    Participant

:D:D:D That Was Hilarious!!!

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

Very funny!
    And I had a ’48 Dodge 1-ton p/u like your Chevy: either hang on aroung corners, or learn to ‘tuck & roll!!’ I wondered when I bought it just what a handle was welded to the middle of the dashboard for… :confused:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.