Travel Plans

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Anybody in the Northeast thinking of traveling to Oregon in April for the SFJ Auction, or to Ohio in July to Horse Progress Days? Carl

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carl,
    Not able to go to Oregon this year, maybe next, but fairly sure I will be going to horse progrees days in Mt. Hope. Is there something I can help you with?
    Fred Hill

Carl Russell

Greetings Fred,
    I’m just trying to get the season to change by thinking of places I’ld like to go!! I will get in touch with you about HPD. I was thinking there might be a few who’ld like to carpool or something. We hope to have some promotional material ready by then for NEAPFD, so at very least I may send some with you. How’s chores down your way? Carl

goodcompanion
    Participant

Oregon is far. It’s getting further by the day.

Ohio is of some interest, but I don’t know if I could spare the time. Keep me in mind though?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carl,
    I’m fairly sure I will be going to Ohio. My son is attending school out there and figured I could get a short visit in with him while there, or at least use that for the excuse to buy the fuel to get to HPD. Be glad to take some stuff with me including you if you wish. I think you have my private e-mail address and phone number, so give me a call. As far as my chores go it still pretty much limited to a snow shovel!! Horses are fat and so am I. Can’t wait for bear ground or at least only a foot or so of snow.

ngcmcn
    Participant

Hey Carl, if you left Bethel around the first of June in one of Fred’s competition buggys i’m sure you could get to HPD by July fourth. 20 to 30 miles a day, farm visits along the way. I think you’re a bit late to make Oregon, but the Trail is still there in some places. Just think, you’d be famous, National T.V. Book deals, Soda Ads, Made for T.V. movie, Carl Russell t-shirts, national exposure for animal power and NEAPFD,sponsors.

Just a thought!??

Neal

Carl Russell

Pick me up on your way by. If you start tomorrow we ought to be right on schedule!!!

Andre
    Participant

Don’t leave without me! I’m hitching up as soon as I get out, should be over the mountain by morning!
    Pat and I are planning on HPD as well as the dover sale next week.
    The price of fuel is a bit scary though:eek:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.