Urban Coyote?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

For ages it has been clear that the urban environment tends to produce a reduced level of common sense, spawning parables like “The city mouse, and the country mouse”.

Well, there is some concern that it is beginning to have a similar affect on wildlife populations. Species like raccoon, white-tail deer, wild turkey, black bear, and coyote are enjoying population booms in and around America’s suburbs. It is believed that because of abundant food sources such as house cats, garbage cans, and gas grills, and reduced predation, the lack of traditional environment pressures is producing generations of animals who lack basic survival skills.

Well, the kids and I have set out a short trap line this winter, and I think we caught one of those Urban Coyotes that got lost in the woods.

As we approached the animal we were astonished to find he had chewed off three legs, and was still caught in the trap :eek::confused::D:rolleyes:

Carl

Carl Russell

Hint, we need a smilie with Tongue-in-cheek.;):D:rolleyes::eek:

Carl

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

I think this coyote went on to work for the government… probably the Dept. of Education – or perhaps just running a mega-bank.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate to say it but maybe we the taxpayers are the coyotes, after all its our billions being handed over to the banks, the government, and the auto makers!

Plowboy
    Participant

Carl, Good thing you got that one out of the gene pool!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.