Vermont History Expo

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Member Diaries Vermont History Expo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

We just got back from 2 days at the Vermont History Expo at the fairgrounds in Tunbridge, Vermont. We shared animal power with a lot of people.

Amazing how many people asked me what my horses’ names are…….

We pulled logs around a show ring, did figure eights, used the cart, ground skidded with the team and single, and showed how I drive one horse with the cultivator…… and answered a lot of questions.

Also used the draft buffer single tree that Andy Carson made, and got quite a few comments of interest.

Oh yeah and our Daughter Tuli (13) drove the team around a few times… I might have to retire soon… thank god she’ll be back to homeschool this next year, I’ll keep her busy.

34125_1494453927733_1425617324_1332051_5904012_n.jpg

34125_1494453967734_1425617324_1332052_6809661_n.jpg

Carl

Jean
    Participant

A friend of mine was there and she made a point of telling me the horses names. Pretty funny how that is almost always the first question. Then how much do they weigh?

Carl Russell

Yeah Jean I remember speaking to her.

Lisa made a suggestion that if we ever do this type of thing again that we put some placards out with factoids that will cause folks to ask intelligent questions. It probably is they can only think of a few basic questions… what are their names, how much do they eat, do they like their work, how old are they, are they related? Anthropomorphic perspective, and inexperienced with animals in general, and working them specifically.

I also spoke with a man from NH who is working miniature donkeys, and I told him I would pass along some names of folks who have mini horses and may help him with answers about harness etc.

Can I give him your contact?

Carl

dominiquer60

Good job Tuli!

Jean
    Participant

Please do give him my contact

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.