Wanted: Ground Drive Grain Drill

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell Equipment Wanted: Ground Drive Grain Drill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Sage
    Participant

Looking for a ground drive grain drill in the New England area. Any one have any leads?

Hopewell Farm
    Participant

I have a ground drive drill that I was going to sell this spring. It is a McCormick or International, can’t remember as I sit here. It would take a little bit of work to get it up and running, but it is complete. It just hasn’t been used in a number of years, but has been stored inside since I’ve owned it. Feel free to email me if you are interested, hopewellfarmvt@gmail.com.

NTrout
    Participant

I also know of a drill near me in southern Maine.
    McCormick Deering 10′ with grass, seed and fert boxes. Kept inside and maintained. Out of use a few years. Nice drill. Happy to direct you to Owner if interested. Nick

Tyler Sage
    Participant

Would like to talk to the owner Nick, thanks!

carl ny
    Participant

There is a horse drawn grain drill on Plattsburgh, N.Y. Craigslist. It is located in Malone,N.Y. Just happened to see it, I have no affiliation. Asking $950.

Carl nny

NTrout
    Participant

Tyler: I’ll do some more digging and revert

Mike Rock
    Participant

A horse drawn McCormick horse drawn, wooden wheeled drill sold here this fall for $25. Nice shape, original paint. Wish I’d have known…… rats.

God bless

NTrout
    Participant

Tyler,
    Didn’t know but Neighbor sold that particular drill recently. Here is one similar at Rene J. Fournier in Swanton, VT:

http://www.rjfeq.com/inventory.asp#/?fsucriteria=;category=Drills and Caddies;page=1;items=20;sort=0;wid=1;disposition=any&fsuid=f0b0f677-aff2-4ab5-b88b-2dbab7e90290

They have an annual auction every May and August. Appears they have 4 GD drills right now. 3 of them seem to be IH510. Some folks like them, some hate them. The one linked above looks to be the smallest.

Good luck,
    Nick

NTrout
    Participant

Thinking about this more –
    All those listed are pricey. You should be able to find a decent ground driven drill for under $1,000. Barn finds much less. Know anyone that gets into PA and OH for the spring auctions? That’s really where you’ll find the best priced, smaller drills suited to draft power. You could always ask a dealer who combs the auctions to look for you. BW McNair helped me find a spreader once.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.