WANTED: Internship Opportunity & Resources

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Introductions WANTED: Internship Opportunity & Resources

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LorettaMarieAdams
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

My name is Loretta I am a young (ish/27 yrs old) woman who been working with horses all of my life. In the last few years I have been learning to drive in harness for work and pleasure. I am new to DAPnet in the last year or two and I LOVE the educational resources and community.

In this post, I am simply saying hello and asking for any advice and support to find my next step in my ongoing journey to live a life in harmony with draft power. 🙂

I have simple future goals of supporting myself agriculturally with horses and or mules and I am continuing to learn from teamster mentors and any hand on experience I can get. Come late 2017 or Early 2018 I am looking for an internship opportunity. I currently live in Bradford, NH with my Fiance and mother. My Fiance, Taylor, is in the pursuit to becoming a Tradesman in Electrical Work. We are looking to either move for a internship or I can commute from Bradford, NH.

I am looking to further my learning with both field and forestry work. Please feel free to respond on this forum or on my personal email at lorettamarieadams@gmail.com

I am happy to hear any responses or any directional help one can offer!

All the best,

Loretta

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Welcome to to group Loretta,
    Your goals are definitely aligned with the group, and certainly achievable. it’s great you are planning so far ahead. Getting set up for animal powered ag does take time. I’m in Charlestown NH not too far from you and may have an opportunity later this year and if you want to learn some this summer we do a lot then. There are lots of good farms and farmers in the Connecticut river valley or nearby.

Also the Field Days event this year is in Cornish NH Sep 29-Oct 1. There will be lots of people to meet and network with there.

Enjoy the journey,
    Jay

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

Welcome Loretta,
    I live a few hours west in Cambridge NY (12816). We don’t do any formal internships, but I would be more than happy if you wanted to join me in the woods on occasion.

LorettaMarieAdams
    Participant

Hi Jay!

I would love to come by this summer. I will be in Available now in July, August and maybe we can work something out for the fall! Can you please email me your contact information? LorettamarieAdams@gmail.com thanks!!

LongViewFarm
    Participant

I just sent you an email Loretta. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Jay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.