Wanted: McD New 4 Cultivator parts, shanks, sweeps, discs

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell Livestock Wanted: McD New 4 Cultivator parts, shanks, sweeps, discs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Claddagh Farms
    Participant

I’ve recently picked up a good condition McCormick Deering New 4 Cultivator frame, which won’t take much to make functional. I’m missing the parts to hook it to the team, but I can make those if needed. I really need things like sweeps, shanks, a pair of hilling discs, and a crop shield–which I can make if needed. Anyone have an idea where I can find this stuff without breaking the bank? eBay has proven to be hit or miss, and very expensive. No one seems to be selling the clamps for the tools, although, I can make those too…..if I can find time between restoring a couple of sulky plows for use this spring and everything else…..

dominiquer60

From the Horse Progress Days book

Crossroads Cultivators- Buy-Sell-Rebuild Specializing in McCormick Cultivators

1663 Noble Road
    Kirkwood PA 17536

(717) 529-6175

I talked to him just the other day he can order parts that will work, he also rigs together liquid or granular fertilizer sidedressers.

Erika

Jay
    Participant

I stopped at their booth at HPD this past summer and got a few parts from them. They seem to have almost ALL parts for the MD cults new- including wheels, most all the fittings, etc. etc. I was very impressed. And very nice, helpful folks to deal with. Jay

Claddagh Farms
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I phoned them up with my wish list of parts…a good three times what I paid for the cultivator!! Now I’ve got to adjust my desires down to reality…. But they did seem to have very good prices and options.

Anton Shannon
    Participant

Just a quick update on Crossroads Cultivators information. They have moved and have a new phone:

Crossroads Cultivators
    1697 Furnace Rd.
    Brogue, PA 17309

(717)-927-1697

Hope it helps anyone trying to get in touch with them. I’m going to take a look at their ground drive granular fertilizer side dresser for ours.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.