Wanted–your favorite draft photo for NEAPFD workshop

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Education Wanted–your favorite draft photo for NEAPFD workshop

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    goodcompanion
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Not too soon to start working on this!

I am giving a workshop on behalf of DAPNet at the NOFA conference in August. It is an overview of draft-powered implements and vehicles. The topic is incredibly broad, and this is intentional. The idea is to provide a visual window into the world of practical things you can do with animal power, aimed at non-practitioners. This helps accomplish the goal of integrating the DAPNet workshops with the general small/organic farming themes of the NOFA conference as a whole.

I need your help! Please share your favorite photos of your animals (horses, donkeys, mules, oxen) at work using some sort of vehicle or implement. Something totally mundane like a stoneboat is great, something really unusual like a vegetable transplanter is great too. You may send more than one photo if you wish.

The participants will probably not be interested in the finer points of the difference between #7 mccormick-deering mower and the #9.

I will pick and choose photos to come up with a slideshow that is hopefully beautiful, interesting, and will inspire participants to learn more. Mostly I will try to paint a picture of the diversity of work being done with animals within the northeast. However photos from elsewhere are welcome too.

Please send photos in the highest resolution possible and accompanied by text explaining who you are, the names, breeds, and ages of the animals, what job you are doing in the photo, and a brief description of your operation. Photos will be used only one time for this one event, for the good of the network, and not otherwise without your express permission.

Please send your photos directly to my email, erik@goodcompanionbakery.com

Thanks! I will update this thread until the slideshow is complete.

goodcompanion
    Participant

Wanted to add that if you are presenting for DAPNet, in any capacity, that I will insert a special “plug” for your workshop when your photo comes up. So there’s a special incentive.

karl t pfister
    Participant

Hay Erik , sounds great ,I have a photo or two . I was wondering if you might post any photos I send you on the DAP ? You see either I am too inept or the files photos are too big, but I have never figured out how to get a photo posted . I have been able to send them to email but not beyond . Thanks for considering the thought Karl

goodcompanion
    Participant

I am sure that we could figure out how to integrate the presentation with the site if contributors like yourself were willing, Karl.

Thanks to Erika for the first photo submission!

Carl Russell

Erik, I put together a similar slide show a few years ago for a presentation at Green Mountain College. I would be glad to send you a disc with the Powerpoint or the photo files. All I did was grab photos from DAP.com Gallery, and a few other places including NEAPFD files. I wasn’t too concerned about pic size and quality, and most of them came through with good resolution.

I can also send you a disc with all of the past NEAPFD pics too, if you would like.

Thanks for taking this on, Carl

p.s. Don’t hesitate to grab any photos that I have posted without asking me… they are all fair game as far as I am concerned.

goodcompanion
    Participant

@Carl Russell 27351 wrote:

Erik, I put together a similar slide show a few years ago for a presentation at Green Mountain College. I would be glad to send you a disc with the Powerpoint or the photo files. All I did was grab photos from DAP.com Gallery, and a few other places including NEAPFD files. I wasn’t too concerned about pic size and quality, and most of them came through with good resolution.

I can also send you a disc with all of the past NEAPFD pics too, if you would like.

Thanks for taking this on, Carl

p.s. Don’t hesitate to grab any photos that I have posted without asking me… they are all fair game as far as I am concerned.

That is a great head start, an unplanned-for windfall!

But for the rest of you teamsters, please consider submitting a favorite and/or more recent photo that I can use for the glory of DAPNet.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Erik, How is the rice coming? Should be a good year for rice and ducks! I got my first field of hay rained on yesterday day. I have a lot of photos at my web album. They are full resolution and easy to down load from there. A few have captions, but most are pretty obvious. Help your self. Let me know if I can help. Donn

near horse
    Participant

Hi Erik,

I don’t know if you wanted/needed any photos I had on here, but you are/were welcome to them. Also, since our photoplog is “missing in action” right now, I’ll be glad to send you any pics that might be appropriate.

Good luck.

BTW – you should see if Pat Palmer has a clearer picture of their “garbage collection” rig. There’s a pic on their website but it didn’t copy so well. Also, not sure that they’re still doing garbage collection but cool application of HP.

http://www.vthorsedrawnservices.com/history.htm#

First pic is Pat’s garbage hauler.
    Second one is from Tiller’s International using the Martin ditching plow for road ditch maintenance and construction.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.