What should we do with DAPFI…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scott G
    Participant

… if anything?

We started this movement a few years ago and it never really took hold, primarily due to the stand alone success of DAPnet. …which is a GREAT thing!

Everything, thread-wise, contained within it’s archives is relevant to our forestry discussions and direction in DAPnet. I question, however, the real possibility, real or perceived, of duplication (if not just downright confusion) for forum members.

Given that DAPFI really doesn’t exist outside the realm of DAPnet, I would suggest that the forum be restructured to drop DAPFI and incorporate relevant posts into the ‘normal’ DAPnet forestry section.

My thoughts…

Carl Russell

I agree Scott.

I also think that those of us working to build cohesion between draft animal powered forestry operations will continue. Eventually we may have a stand alone structure, though not exclusive of DAPNet, just more specific to the needs of that association (small “a”).

We do not need to take up formal space on this forum. Especially since I think much of that discussion was in a private forum, and it would be good to enliven those threads by moving them to open categories.

Carl

Scott G
    Participant

So in absence of any additional forthcoming comments from other members, where do we take it from here? Administrator or …?
    -S

Rick Alger
    Participant

Yes. Bid a respectful farewell to DAPFI and incorporate relevant posts in DAPnet.

Carl Russell

@Scott G 39969 wrote:

So in absence of any additional forthcoming comments from other members, where do we take it from here? Administrator or …?
    -S

Yes any of the administrators can move those posts into the sustainable forestry category, and deactivate the DAPFI forum.

Carl

Scott G
    Participant

Helloooo Admin… Are you following this?

dominiquer60

Scott,

The current administrators are working on a new website design that will include all of the many years worth of discussion here. I am assuming that it makes greater sense to do these changes all at once, there are some other outdated parts of the forum as well that could be altered and updated, while again preserving the discussion. Patience friend, change is a brewing 🙂

Scott G
    Participant

Perfect, Erika! Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.