what to sell?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I didn’t want bump the “buying and selling” thread just as there are some possibilities showing up, but I have been thinking about selling something next year and can’t really make up mind what is for sale. I will try to explain and you will see what my wife has to listen to on a daily basis!

Next spring two mares are due to foal and that will bring my total of horses, mules, and donkeys to 9. That is way over my limit, but half of them will be young mules. Most days I think I want to sell weanling mules next Oct / Nov. This would give me a chance to test the market and see how that works.

The alternative is to breed my mares again next year and when they are well settled, I could sell Eddie, He is a 5 y/o Mammoth Jack. I have been teaching him to drive, and next year I hope to start him under saddle. He could help someone else start a span of mules like he has me.

I think I will just wait to see what shakes out. First they have to get born! Anyone interested in young mule or mammoth Jack should let me know.

daniel grover
    Keymaster

Sounds like you need a bigger barn. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.