Whats Up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lancek
    Participant

Hey folks,
    Whats going on with the vote for adoption of names we have had 11 replies and 56 views and on refining the mission statement there were 24 replies and 139 views im srue there has been some double takes but I know there are a lot more out there that are not voteing if we realy want this orginization to succed then we all need to get innvolved! Lets kick in gear and get this thing done Lancek

TaylorJohnson
    Participant

I agree we have to move forward. There seems to be some parallelization by analization . Taylor Johnson

Carl Russell

On one hand I agree, that I would like there to be more commitment to actually respond, but at the same time we have invited a broad group of people to be a part of this, and not every one will have the same availability.

The time that we are taking is not about analysis, but to allow the discussion to take form from an adequate discussion in a strange medium (on-line meeting) by a group of people who have mostly never met, and who also have many different interests and obligations. We can discuss ways to grease the skids, but I think we have to make sure that we get as much input as we can.

As far as the views, if 7 of us visit the site to read the latest post then there will be 8 views for each post. So 7 votes could equal 64 views. So those numbers are inconclusive.

I think we have a name, mission statement, and goals, so as we move forward we should develop a protocol for how this medium will work to our best advantage.

Carl

Scott G
    Participant

All,
    I am putting a delay on each step in order to accomodate everyone in the field. As Carl said, we have a broad audience and I want to be assured that everyone that is involved has had a chance to come in from the woods, grab a cup of coffee, and sit down at the ‘puter.

Please don’t use the phrase “analysis paralysis”. That is a phrase that makes us spit fire out here, even though I’m a professional land manager. Having been on both sides of the skid trail in a big way there are certain aspects of management that drive us nuts. Having answers before you go forward is a good thing, throwing up roadblocks for the sake of throwing up roadblocks is not.

lancek
    Participant

Well That anwsers alot I was going by the amount of views posted and the votes and didnt look to promising! I have seen a lot of these efforts die on the vine because partisapation in the early stages were few and when the grupe realy got going then fingers were pointed and accusations about the few controling the magorety were levered by the ones who didnt partisapate in the frist place!

TaylorJohnson
    Participant

Boys I have a lot of gears and most of them are forward LOL. I am just pumped about this is all and want it to all come together . Hey Scott I use that phrase to drive people nuts around me all the time LOL ( my wife loves to hear it ) . After the last year it is just nice to have some people talking about this stuff in a positive way that understand what is happening and like I said I am just a little pumped about the educational and marketing tool are group could become. I do know it will take time and I am really not worried about it to much I just want to see it all happen and I want to show every one what we can do. I do appreciate the time you are all putting into this. Taylor Johnson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.