Why do euros wear reflective clothing?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Off Topic Discussion Why do euros wear reflective clothing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JaredWoodcock
    Participant

I am ordering some new uniforms for my timber work so I was looking around my magazine collection for some ideas. I noticed a lot of the European loggers wear reflective clothing. Some of the farmers from schaff mat paerd as well. Is there a reason for this?

I paint a lot of my tools orange because I like to be able to find them, im not sure that “I want to be found” when I’m in the woods….

dominiquer60

They are very regulated and safety conscious there. In Sweden it is against the law to carry a pocket knife. However if you are a worker or farmer in work attire (similar to carpenter pants), you can open carry a work knife. So the reflective clothing could just be part of the uniform that is part of the services that they perform. Or maybe just an excuse to be able to carry a knife, or a precaution in case they find themselves in a situation where they should be wearing reflective wear to avoid trouble. The work pants in Sweden were rather nice, I would still like to order a pair one of these days.

Erika

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

That is interesting. I thought there was a bigger reason behind it. I have noticed with our farm that customers responded positively when we started wearing branded clothing. I hope to figure out a uniform for the timber work that is recognizable but simple. I am still not sold on the reflective clothing but I will consider it some more.

“They are very regulated and safety conscious there.” That very much describes the main reason; you want to see where everybody is …

Sting74
    Participant

I guess they were it to be more visible.

Ron
    Participant

Hi All
    I was looking at the EU video of horse logging and thinking about the equipment and wondered about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDdG_QpaMBo
    The single trees are held up over the horses hocks by some kind of bungy cord I think? they also us a hitch to connect the chain to the single tree I have never seen. This is pretty dangerous work with a horse and I wondered if it is some kind of quick unhitch if the log gets going to fast on the slope?
    Has any one seen them or worked with these pieces of equipment?
    cheers
    ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.