Woodlot Tour 3/12/16

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Woodlot Tour 3/12/16

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brad Johnson
    Participant

On Saturday, 3/12/16, I will be offering a day long demo in the woodlot I am currently working on Northfield, VT. We will get started over there at 9 AM and to to 3 PM or so, weather permitting. Given this year’s winter weather, I have no idea what we will get, but we will make the best of it, snow, rain, or shine. Participants will have the chance to meet the landowner and discuss his objectives for the cut. We will walk a several sections of the lot, and take a look at the work being done. Topics covered will be forestry plans and how they translate to a cutting plan, tree selection and marking, working a large woodlot (140 acres) with animals and small powered equipment, harvesting techniques and tools, marketing for wood products, dealing with mills and truckers, and more. Particular time and emphasis will be given to how to effectively and efficiently utilize horses and a small tractor on a large stand of trees. Participants should bring warm clothes, a lunch and snacks, water, and questions. Cost for the day is $50, which room for 8 folks. Please call Brad (802-345-7488) or email (brad@alltogetherfarm.com) for more info or to sign up. I am looking forward to a super day in the woods!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.