Working in the woods in new snow

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Oxen Working in the woods in new snow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tim Harrigan
    Participant

[video]http://youtu.be/tWazA9_01GI[/video]

New snow is nice for skidding logs.

Jeroen
    Participant

Great movie! Love the risks you take with your cameras. The results are stunning! Will is great too…

Carl Russell

A boy and his toys….. 😯

As usual this is truly inspiring Tim. A testament to the depth of a long-term working partnership.

Thanks for sharing, Carl

Will for Oscar!
    Thanks for the video – still waiting for snow …

Does’ Leap
    Participant

Outstanding! Tim, your videos have inspired me to make a few of my own. They require some effort and patience, but are powerful tools to communicate what we do and how we do it.

Can you write about how you fixed your camera for the various shots? What editing program did you use?

George

Tim Harrigan
    Participant

Thanks, all, for your encouraging comments. George, I used 2 cameras, a standard Sony and a GoPro. The Sony I just have a small, 6 inch tripod that I set on a log, stump, on the ground or whatever is convenient. I used the GoPro for the more unconventional looks. It has a small stand for mounting on different surfaces with a permanent mount but I just tape it on with electrical tape or in one case on a log I used a small nylon strap pulled tight. If it is tough to get a strap tight I suppose you could snug the strap up with a wedge. You can see the stand on the far end of one rolling log, it is probably 3-4 inches tall. I just use a simple editing program that came with the computer, Windows Movie Maker. It is not fancy but I don’t try to do anything fancy. It is interesting to get looks you can’t see any other way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.