Y N P Mules

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aaronlee
    Participant

Hi all
    Here are some pix of my day trimming mules at Yellowstone Nat Park. The park has 40 or 50 mules and horses that they use for all kinds of animal power. The mules pull pack trains and gear for biologists into the park, horses are used by rangers and to help round up buffalo in the winter so they can do tests on them.

The corral is in a small corner of the park but the animals are spread out all over. Most of the mules were of a very drafty build and super nice to work on, this helps out a lot when you are tying to keep your witts about you. 🙂

PS: The next time your farrier is out there working on your animals get him/her some lemonade because they are working hard!

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Thanks Aaron, those were awesome. Could you bring a couple of those back for me?

TaylorJohnson
    Participant

Nice mules for sure, nice country to. Taylor Johnson

aaronlee
    Participant

The mules in the pics are just the 2 I did, but really there was a pen with 20 something mules in it that looked just like them. It was awesome!

Aaron

J-L
    Participant

I like your tool box Aaron. Might have to copy that design. I shoe some horses and mules too. Used to do some dude ranches and forest service horses along with some bigger ranches and sheep outfits. I can relate to your comment about the hard work.
    I hunt elk both north and sout of Jackson. Awesome country but steep.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.