2011 harvest

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jac
    Participant

Hi everyone, not long back from my stint on the combine again.. another 2000 acres in the shed. When I see big ag swing into action with a comblne that harvests 58 tons of wheat per hour I sometimes wonder how the western world would manage once cheap oil goes ?? 95 ltr/19 gallons of diesel an hour. I will put up the gross margines for wheat on the farm I was on later once I figure out how to without typing the whole lot out again :).. I think the establishment costs might surprise a few !!.. good to be back in the groove again folks.. be trying my plow again but with 3 up this time…
    John

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi John, I just bought a combine. A Allis Chalmers All crop 72. It was built in 68 and it is like new condition!

Ed Thayer
    Participant

@Donn Hewes 29262 wrote:

Hi John, I just bought a combine. A Allis Chalmers All crop 72. It was built in 68 and it is like new condition!

Don, Are you going to run that with the power forecart? What aill you harvest with it?

Ed

near horse
    Participant

Damn you Donn! I’ve been trying to find a decent All Crop within 2 days drive of me and not having much luck. How did you transport it? If you trailer it, they’re oversize loads – if you break ’em down it’s a bit of work ….. unless of course you were lucky enough to find one nearby and towed it.

Google “Yaz All Crop” – should take you to the guru of All Crops who has some good info, adjustments and pics (also parts). Those boogers were supposed to handle everything from alfalfa seed to corn, hence All Crop. But you won’t get 58T of wheat per hour : ) Is it a PTO drive or have a separate motor on it? Out here the motors often got removed and used in the old Cletrac crawlers.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Goeff, It is a real score. Ten miles away, and parked inside since 75′. I bougth it from the original owner, manuals and all. A PTO combine I will pull with a team of four and my gas powered cart. I want to find a pick up head for it, but they don’t seem to be that common.

near horse
    Participant

Check out Yaz All Crop for sure. For example, he has all the scour kleen screen sizes for various crops (not the actual screens but the charts) etc.

jac
    Participant

I dont think that model was popular over here .. they seemed to go straight from binders to the self propeled combine.. the A C Gleaner was fairly popular.. be good to see it all coupled up Donn. how much hp does it take to turn a small combine ?? 30 ??…. some of the stats for the new machines are awesome.. 600hp.. 18tons when empty !!.. 9 ton grain tank.. 40ft headers.. nearly a ton a minute in wheat.. 90 second discharge on auger… and £400,000 price tags :)..
    John

Marshall
    Participant

I am getting anxious to jump on the old JD 55 but it has been so wet around here lately. It is supposed to dry up this week but we will see. I was able to find a head with a floating cutter bar so beans should be a lot faster now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.