2016 Annual Gathering

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events 2016 Annual Gathering

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

We are really starting to get busy in preparation for this years annual gathering. There is a lot to do to get ready and a lot to do when you are here. I appreciate the opportunity to meet and work with so many of you and to make great progress on the farm with animal power. Many trees are down, ready to be harvested and sawn on site by a local DAPNet member, we have picked a spot to plow, are hoping for hay weather, and have spent the last two days bringing new equipment to the farm for everyone to see. There is now quite a collection which includes a teamster 200 fore cart for sale and a single horse mower with 4′ bar. I understand that more folks are bringing items to so there will be a chance for a swap meet.
    There’s lots more to do but Oct7-9 is not very far away. I look forward to seeing many of you there.

LongViewFarm
    Participant

This was a great weekend to get ready. The RAFFLE SCOOT is Finished! That has been a great learning opportunity and I’m very happy with the results. Once you see it you will want a ticket. We celebrated that goal by shooting a beautiful young lady’s senior pictures and then took the teamster 2000 for cart out for a test drive. It is a very nice unit and is for sale at the gathering.
    Today we felled more pine trees for the harvest, to me milled on site by a DAPNet member and used in a sugar house build.
    All that and workers are making big progress on the 1828 farmhouse. There is a lot to see. See you soon!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

More photos

Attachments:
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

Nice work Jay,

Thank for all your hard work

ED

LongViewFarm
    Participant

This is a great excuse to get so much done on the farm, to gave a deadline. I can’t wait to see everybody and get together for a lot of fun.

Carl Russell

I’m calling this a Bob-devil. One of the last sleds built by Les Barden, it has not been used yet.

Red oak runners with wooden shoes, this sled has a “scoot-style” pole and hitch for quick and easy transition if slope and conditions allow. It is not too big to be used loose with one horse.

The design allows for logs to be loaded onto the single bunk, with the pole for long-distance transport (bobsled), or without pole for maneuverability (go-devil).

Solid mortise and tenon construction reinforced with threaded steel rods makes this device substantial and functional, while being a work of art from the hands of one of New England’s finest and innovative craftsmen of working horse equipment.

I am bringing it with me to the DAPNet Annual Gathering 10/7-9 in Charlestown, NH. to be sold.

Events

Asking $500 OBO — at (802) 353-1086 Russell Forestry Services.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Carl Russell.
    Attachments:
    Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

I am planning to bring a (new) PiggyBack Arch setup on a (used) Pioneer forecart for sale. It has a with new wooden tongue and 2 tractor seats with brackets. Similar to photo. No neck yoke or evener. Asking $900. I will also have new PB Arches for sale, $500.
    See you there.
    Mark

Attachments:
    Baystatetom
    Participant

I am not bring anything for sale, but I am definitely looking forward to hanging out with you all!
    ~Tom

LongViewFarm
    Participant

It is coming down to the wire, with final prep and a couple of folks arriving today. And I am stuck in parent/teacher conferences till 7pm. I just can not wait to see everybody and spend the weekend learning and working with the animals. I’ll be distracted today for sure!

dominiquer60

Great event, thanks to everyone involved and in attendance. It is wonderful to see all the children again, along with folks that feel like old friends. The worst part was saying, “until we meet again.”

Baystatetom
    Participant

This was a great event, thank you to all of those whose labor made it happen. I had the opportunity to have conversations that I can’t have anywhere else, and my son had a great time playing with the other kids and and messing around with his team. I can’t wait for the next opportunity to spend time with you all.

Baystatetom
    Participant

At the Saturday evening dinner somebody spoke about the use of draft power in Cuba and seamed to know of connections there. I meant to speak to him but…. Who was that? (what is worse is, I spoke to him earlier in the day and I still forget his name)
    ~Tom

LongViewFarm
    Participant

That was Chuck Cox. I wil ldig up his contact info and send it to you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.