Barn Fire!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Barw
    Participant

Geoff so sorry to hear of your loss just don’t know what to say. I know real well your head is spinning right now but things will come into focus.Its hard to replace all the things you had, some things you won’t miss till you need them.
    Make a list of inventory while it still fresh in your mind.Keep us a in the loop if there is any thing I can help with just post.

grey
    Participant

That’s a hard blow and I’m very sorry to hear of it.

J-L
    Participant

Sorry to hear that Geoff. If I were closer I’d come and help you rebuild. Too bad about the calves too. Hope your insurance will cover the stuff inside the building as well as the building its self. Glad no people were hurt.

jac
    Participant

Geoff I am late in this bud.. havent been on here for a bit.. my heart felt wishes to you and your family… if we were all closer you would have one hell of a barn raising…..John

near horse
    Participant

So I guess that just leaves us “hell” to raise – right John? 🙂

Also, thanks to all of you here for your words of condolence and support. While they may seem but simple words, they are powerful enough to keep one’s head up in a dark time as this. Well appreciated and much gratitude from here.

Robin
    Participant

So sorry for your loss. Can we do anything from here on the East Coast? What are your needs? Horse collar size? etc/ The Hudson
    Valley Draft Horse Assoc will have an auction in June. If there is anything there that you can use, maybe we can get it and ship it to you. Try to keep you chin up. Congrats on your grandchild. is this the one in England?
    Regards,
    Robin

jen judkins
    Participant

Geoff, This is SO sad and unexpected. I’m truly sorry for your losses, but grateful for the health of your horses and the birth of your new grand daughter. Let us know if we can help in anyway to help rebuild your base. As a previous President of DAPNet you are an important part of our network. Peace.

Jay
    Participant

Geoff, Thank you for letting us know – we need to know when one of us is hurting or has a loss- the bigger the loss the more important it is. We have no way of knowing what may come of it, but at least we can know we are not alone and the rest of us can’t help if we don’t know. Blessings on you. Jay

Joshua Kingsley
    Participant

Geoff, So sorry to hear of your loss. If you let me know what you need for collars and I will look and see if I have some spares I could send your way I will look at an older set of Bio harness I have and see if it is able to be safely used and if so I would be willing to send it out to you so that you can work your guys. I know it is not much but it is about all I can offer right now. Hope you all are well and congrats on the grand baby in these trying times. Joshua

Michel Boulay
    Participant

Sorry to hear about this Geoff, happy that everybody is safe that’s the main thing. Congrats for the new addition to the family. Good things have been said here. I think a lot of us wish we would be closer. Thought are with you.

Mike

Big Horses
    Participant

Wow Geoff…I’m so sorry to hear this!!! If there’s anything I can do, holler. If you’re in need of some harness, I could most likely loan you some… let me know.
    John

dominiquer60

Terrible news about the fire, but wonderful news that you are now Grandpa Nearhorse 🙂

I know that it is a lot to take in, but when one door closes another opens. The open door may not be apparent right away but it is there. I hope for the best for you, your family and farm. Let us know if there is anything that we in the east can do to help. I will be cleaning out my storage barn this summer and I may come across something you could use, so keep in touch.

Erika

near horse
    Participant

Sue and I are very touched by your outpouring of sympathy and compassion as well as your offers to us out. At this moment it appears that insurance will cover replacing harness and collars but not sure how quickly they’ll act so I might need to borrow some for haying season as that gets closer. Mower and disk were in the fire but other than the pitman stick and the paint, they don’t seem too bad (look like hell though).

Scott G
    Participant

Geoff, let’s start off by asking what size of collars, pads, and hames your team uses…

blue80
    Participant

Greg sorry to hear that. Growing up with a large animal vet as a dad I was in on the inspection end of barn fires from time to time. Your post brings back a lot of memories.
    I was thinking of sending you some hames and older harness, but if it was up to me I’d rather just send some money towards new gear instead of paying shipping for old stuff; then you could just get new what you wanted where you wanted. But let us know what works best for you to proceed,

Kevin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.