Barn Fire!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    near horse
    Participant

Not sure why I’m posting right now but I feel pretty helpless otherwise. We suffered a tragic and catastrophic barn/shop fire last night that completely destroyed our 40×60 shop, a lot of equipment, our business and killed 6 calves. Right now I think we’re both still in shock and not sure what the next move will be. Waiting to hear what insurance might have to offer, if anything. No people were hurt nor were the horses although they lost all of their harness/collars etc – makes my heart hurt right now. Thanks for listening.

Carl Russell

Geez Geoff……..:( My heart goes out to you…….. Not sure what else to say……. I’m a long way away, but please let me (us) know if there is anything we can do…

I hope you can find some peace.

Carl

Scott G
    Participant

Damn Geoff!

Not quite sure what to say other than to keep us in the loop as to whether or not we can help you with anything. We know your head is spinning just let us know when it comes into focus…
    Our thoughts are with you, man

Baystatetom
    Participant

That’s horrible! You will be in my thoughts prayers, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    ~Tom

near horse
    Participant

Thanks to you all. Sue and I do appreciate your kind wishes. On a note of irony, we became also grandparents today with our first grandbaby – a girl, Isla Miles. A ray of great sunshine on one of our darkest days.

I think this forum serves various purposes for all of us and today I really needed a bit of kind listeneing and you all were here. Again – thank you.

Tim Harrigan
    Participant

So sorry to hear that, Geoff. Glad you were not hurt and I hope you can put the pieces together real soon.

Jim Garvin
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your loss, Geoff….our thoughts and prayers are with you. Let me know if your have an inclination to do a “barn raising” sometime in the near future……I’d love to visit Idaho again!!

Jim

Ed Thayer
    Participant

So Sorry Geoff, can’t imagine your loss or feelings, hope you can rebuild soon. Thinking of you both,

Ed

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

So sorry to hear about the loss. I hope you can get something for the shop and get started again. The world is crazy sometimes with one creation comes another destruction. This is all hard stuff, my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Geoff, sorry to hear of that. It is hard to take it all in at once. I hope soon you will be making plans to rebuild. We will be thinking of you. Donn

menageriehill
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your fire, and the loss of life. We all feel your pain, and confussion. We pray that you can get back on your feet, and with the help of insurance put your life back in some kind of order. If we knew where we could send a contribution, I feel many would like to help in that way. Having lost a house to a fire myself, I can understand what you are going though. Give thanks that your family is safe.

Andy Carson

What horrible news!!! I feel for you, Geoff.

mitchmaine
    Participant

terrible news geoff. can not imagine your grief. we are happy no one was hurt, and congratulations on your beautiful grandchild. you have to count your blessings when you can.
    best wishes, mitch

HeeHawHaven
    Participant

So sorry, Geoff! Wish I was closer! Thank God none of you were hurt! The blessing of your child is God’s way of letting you know all will be well!

Dave

sickle hocks
    Participant

I wish the internet community weren’t spread so far and wide, we would all come for a huge barn raising and dance this summer. I hope you have one anyway, and tell us about it. I am so glad no one in your family was hurt. I can imagine how terrible hard it is to lose the things, but you still have what’s most important. Good luck with whatever path you choose now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.