Bought a rake today.

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment Bought a rake today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

I bought this Alice Chambers (?) side deliver rake today for $500. Did I do well? All pieces work and run smooth. All fingers are present. Adjustable up and down and can be set at an angle from side to side. The clutch is behind the left wheel.
    It will be a year or 3 before I can put in my own hay start to finish but this is a step in the right direction. Maybe I can do some mowing and raking locally for practice.

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Trying picture again

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Last try

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

I’d say you did. “Allis-Chalmers”. Not familiar w that rake but if it runs well as-is it looks like a good deal.
    Mark

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I have one of these rakes and your looks newer and in better condition. I had to weld the clutch shut on mine to keep it running on rough ground, but that was because I couldn’t get it apart to replace worn parts. It is a little heavy on the tongue which is no problem once it is hooked to a cart, but a pain to move around or hook up to. For me the best thing is having a lot of cheap forecarts so I don’t unhook from a rake. Nice.

Ron
    Participant

your purchase looks good. I helped a fellow rebuild an Allis horse mower one time the only
    one I ever saw or heard of and it worked like a sowing machine. The sweetest mower I ever worked with. I have use the company rake and their mover and I can honestly say they made good equipment.
    cheers
    Ron

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Jay,

Bring it to east Washington and I will try it out for you 🙂

Ed

LongViewFarm
    Participant

I’ll bring the horses too and rake for you Ed…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.