Cultivator Settings

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment Cultivator Settings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

I just picked up a ride on cultivator and realized it had a plug yolk arrangement. Fortunately I had an old neck yolk laying around that I was able to modify and make it work.

I lubricated everything on the unit and understand the adjustments except for the pole lever. It makes the pole move up and down in several different positions. Is this to accommodate different horse height? Or neck yolk configurations?

Tom from Iron Kettle Farm thought it was a JD cultivator, but I can’t find another one like it. You have to engage the sweep gangs individually not with one lever like the MCD and JD.

Any thoughts??

Here are some photos.
    https://plus.google.com/107396364480794542661/posts?hl=en

Ed

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jay
    Participant

Ed, it’s not like any cultivator I have seen before. It’s definitely not like any IH or JD I’ve ever seen. Looks like it works though. Jay

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Could I talk you into bringing it to the cultivation workshop July 12th?? In any case I hope to catch up with you this summer. I was in your neck of the woods yesterday.

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Here is the cultivator in action, any ideas what kind it is?

Ed

Stone Horse Farm
    Participant

Ed, it is a Planet Jr. No. 76 Pivot Wheel Riding Cultivator. The lever you refer to is for leveling the cultivator frame once the team is hitched so that all shovels penetrate equally. I have the two row version.

Attachments:
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

Wow, Thanks for the info and the flyer. Do you know where I can get replacement shanks?

Ed

Stone Horse Farm
    Participant

Maybe standard replacement shanks from AgriSupply? You would want to be sure your clamps would work.

http://www.agrisupply.com/cultivator-shank/p/38854/&sid=&eid=/

Stu

dominiquer60

They seem similar to an IH type of shank. Jonathan Beiler at Cross roads cultivators will have IH type shanks in stock. I have his newest phone and address somewhere.

The other place to try is Roeters in Grant, MI. They have lots of Planet Jr. and old vegetable equipment in their boneyard. http://www.roetersfarmequipment.com/ You won’t find what you want on their website, but call and ask, if they don’t have any shanks in their building you will have to wait until the spring thaw allows them access to the back lot. When we went out the HPD 2012, we stopped here on the way home, it was our version of “antiquing.”

Attachments:
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

That is some serious eye candy Erika 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.