DAPNet Logging Workshop

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events DAPNet Logging Workshop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

Hosted by Jay Fisher at Long View Farm in Charlestown NH

November 29th, 2014 10am – 4pm

turloch-woods

Demonstration of safe felling, efficient transport, and milling of timber.

Lunch available by donation – chili and cornbread!

Admission starting at $20, or $10 for interns.

Click Here to Register!

Please mail registration along with check to DAPNet at

509 Dutton Brook Lane, Brownington VT 05860

Questions? Email dapnetinfo@gmail.com, or call Jay Fisher at 603 477 2114.

LongViewFarm
    Participant

We are nearing 10 registrations for the event and would love to see a few more. It’s going to be a fun day with felling, skidding, bucking, and milling showing many stages of processing timber into finished products.
    And there will be good food, fun people, a movie, and libations.
    Join us! 😉

November 29th.
    Long View Farm
    Charlestown, NH

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

The food was great!
    Hash and coffee with fresh eggs for breakfast, chilli simmering for hours for lunch,, cornbread, bumpkin dessert, then crocked beef brisket with veggies for dinner followed by gluten free chocolate cake, washed down with rye shot and apple pie from a certain board member. 😉

Wish you were here? Maybe not at 6am when it was 12 degrees out…

However the weather, horses, people, and implements cooperated for a wonderful day of learning about forestry as practiced on our farm. We discussed and practiced safe felling, demonstrated skidding with the single horse and team with the forecart, worked with a scoot, and milled lumber.

The small journal I advertised in (the Green Valley Journal) came and took pictures and info for a story. I’ll keep you posted if they put anything in their next issue.

Folks seemed very happy with the day. With a small size we were able to make sure everyone got to see what they wanted. Driving opportunities went great.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

A quote from one of our participants, emailed and reprinted with permission:

“Hi Jay,
    Just wanted to say thanks again for a fantastic day this past weekend. It was exactly what I needed in terms of an overview, and gave me a lot to think about for the future. Thanks also for being so inclusive with your wealth of knowledge – you and your folks made me feel right at home, and any fears I had of appearing woefully ignorant quickly went out the window. I’m sure we’ll run into each other again sometime in the future, so until then, take care!
    Best wishes,
    Michael Madole”

That’s a solid success for DAPNet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.