Did some discing yeasterday

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Mules Did some discing yeasterday

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    houstonmule
    Participant

Mulesdiscing001.jpg

Mulesdiscing029.jpg

Mulesdiscing034.jpg

I started in the arena to take the edge off the mules. After they were a little tired I took them into the field. I had to take the disc through the yard and man what a racket! The mules took the noise just fine.

jac
    Participant

Excellent !!! that team look really settled and doing a good job. How wide is that disc set ?? 8ft ??..
    John

houstonmule
    Participant

@jac 26773 wrote:

Excellent !!! that team look really settled and doing a good job. How wide is that disc set ?? 8ft ??..
    John

Thanks, it’s an 8ft double disc. A little much for 4 head, but I don’t have it set very aggresive. After a couple rounds around this small 6 acre field, they were happy to stand when I said whoa, lol. I would let them blow 2 times per round. There is a pretty big dip the the field that made them snort when comming up out of it.

Mac
    Participant

Wow, I don’t know what I’m more jealous of, the mules or the disc! I wish I could just get into my field, let alone disc it. Its about 1/2 underwater, and the rest is a sea of mud. Just be glad you have a dry field to disk!
    Best of luck
    Mac

houstonmule
    Participant

@Mac 26780 wrote:

Wow, I don’t know what I’m more jealous of, the mules or the disc! I wish I could just get into my field, let alone disc it. Its about 1/2 underwater, and the rest is a sea of mud. Just be glad you have a dry field to disk!
    Best of luck
    Mac

lol, this was about the first day that it was dry enough to get into the fields. I was hoping to finish that field today but it rained all night again. Here in Alberta most guys haven’t turned a wheel on spring work yet. The mules were glad it rained.

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Great photos, and nice disc too. Is that a newer unit or a refurbished antique?

Hope to be discing soon myself.

Ed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.