EU government

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bivol
    Participant

@mitchmaine 19744 wrote:

Once upon a time, northern new england and maine was covered with white pine 8 – 10 feet in diameter 130’ tall. The king of England claimed and blazed them all for mast pine. They had to turn a spar 32” in diameter 67 feet from the stump. The king owned them trees and It was against the law to cut them.
    Now and then while working on old barns and houses here, we run into a wide piece of pine sheathing 26 – 30” across. Not in a place of importance like waiscoating or flooring, but up in an attic or open chamber as a floor board or sheathing. Someplace that a farmer might go with his neighbor to pull of a pint of cider and chat. Maybe look at that board and drink the kings health so to speak.
    It’s much easier to pit saw a smaller cant into boards. I wonder if that wide plank has another purpose. I’m saving my pea seeds and they are hanging in our shed rafters drying out for next spring. Not cause I can’t afford pea seed, but because I want to tell Monsanto to stick their seed where the sun don’t shine. Like that old farmer might have drank to the health of his king.
    Our well intentioned congressmen and women get their agricultural information from high paid lobiests working for corporations that want nothing less than to own our food.
    If the framers of our constitution could have anticipated such a thing I’m sure they would have included food along with guns in the 2nd amendment. Imagine it. Owning the seed and food.

mitch

i thought the scheme fell apart, but oh well. and one thing is owning the seeds, another having a monopoly. and a food monopoly in multinational EU is something some powerful forces going against it (read:every state who doesn’t have it)
    and don’t forget EU is really strict with using GMO, they’ve made a strict law on GMO. organic always has the right of way.
    as for old seeds, luckilly you’ll always be able to rely on us 😉
    at least for smaller surfaces, if ya need it we can supply it. found some really old-school maize variations in local market, and planted them this year.
    there’s NO WAY EU’s gonna inforce something so rediculous here, with all the government inefficiency, bribery, etc. so people will still grow their own seed in at least some surfaces…. i hope.

we in the balkans still have huge issues with all the legislature we have to obey. most is good (like GMO laws), but some is bad.
    i LOLed when i listened to a sebrian speaker asking:”how are you going to explain to a country man that he can’t slaughter his pigs in his yard or bake his own rakija?”
    i had a feeling “that country man” would drive an ax right between the eyes of anyone forbidding him these things.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.