Farmer Brown’s ‘Plowing with Horses’ video

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Books/Resouces Farmer Brown’s ‘Plowing with Horses’ video

• This topic has 15 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jac.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    near horse
    Participant

This runaway also demonstrates the value (necessity) of having good solid equipment. The weak “links” in your setup show up in situations like this. Imagine how bad this could’ve gotten if part of the harness gave way – or some of the wagon gear. Farmer Brown did a nice job to keep things from getting worse.

Just as we identify escape routes when we’re felling timber, we probably should look at potential “escape routes” in these situations – just in case.

I have to agree that timed events can be hazardous – I understand that there was a wreck up at Sandpoint ID this last Sept in an obstacle event. The teamster eventually fell forward onto the doubletree and got run over by the wagon. He went to the hospital but ended up being alright – from what I understand. Maybe the point values should emphasize the precision over the speed.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.