Harness modification.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Does’ Leap
    Participant

@grey 40645 wrote:

are they the same kind of clip that is often used at the hame bolt on a trace? The Aaron Martin catalog calls those “Concord Clips” : http://www.aaronmartin.com/product.php?cat_id=1230&catview=160&submit=View

Yes, that is the same clip I have used. However, where the front of the tug clips into the hame, I prefer the type of clip that has a swivel. This way the tug can move with minimal impact on the hame and collar.

@grey 40645 wrote:

How did you make the rivet holes through the foretug? I know my rotary hole punch couldn’t handle that and I don’t think even my individual strike punches could do it. Did you drill them?

I drive a 20 penny nail through the clip and tug, grind it down to within 1/4″ of the clip and peen it over – solid and easy.

George

grey
    Participant

@Does’ Leap 40650 wrote:

Yes, that is the same clip I have used. However, where the front of the tug clips into the hame, I prefer the type of clip that has a swivel. This way the tug can move with minimal impact on the hame and collar.

I like those too. I consider them a bonus if a harness I’m thinking of buying has that type of trace clip. Makes the harness behave nicer when you go to hang it up.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.