[resolved] Is the What’s New page working for others?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Welcome to the new Website! Bugs [resolved] Is the What’s New page working for others?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

I am going to post this update here since there seems to be lively conversation on this thread. We have been fixing some of the bugs that have been around since the beginning and working to get all the requested features up and running.

I would like to continue to help with making this forum as usable to all parties involved as possible and often there are conflicting opinions as to what is best for the forum. The web committee should be very helpful to organize the desires of this community as a whole.

In the past month we have implemented a bunch of new performance upgrades that took effect this evening. Over the past couple of weeks you probably noticed the site slowing down and some other issues cropping up (lack of toolbars, and image posting) that is all resolved now and we are able to move forward with implementing some of the other requested features. The most requested feature is the photo albums and should be up in running shortly.

You can send me a PM with any requests that you may have and also post to the missing features section.

Michel Boulay
    Participant

Hi Gabe, the “what’s new” page is working fine now for me.

Mike

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that.

dominiquer60

Gabe, Thanks for all of your hard work!

Rick Alger
    Participant

I am typing this on another person’s computer. I am still having no luck using this site with my own computer. I get the script outline that Jim described but not the full monte. The “What’s New” page is still frozen back in January somewhere.
    My computer is a brand new laptop, called a “Chrome Book”, purchased from Amazon. Because the computer is brand new, and because I have no trouble going to other sites, I assume the problem is on the webmaster end.
    I am not particularly computer literate, and I don’t think I should have to be to participate on this site.

Liz Brown
    Participant

Hi Rick – no, you definitely should NOT need to be particularly computer literate to participate on this forum! I’m really grateful to you for keeping us posted about what’s going on (or not going on!). Hang in there; we WILL get this straightened out. I don’t know, off the top of my head, what the problem might be with the Chromebook/DAPNet connection, but I’ll be in contact with Gabe and Daniel, and we’ll figure it out. We’ll be in touch soon.

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Rick, you may find that your computer is caching the website and not loading the most recent data. Chromebooks are notorious for this, a way to get the most recent page and bypassing the cache is to refresh the page. Next to the forward, back buttons in the upper left you will see a circular arrow, if you click that on the What’s New page you should get a non-cached page. Let me know if that fixes that issue.

What do you mean by the script outline?

Thanks,
    Gabe

Rick Alger
    Participant

The problems are resolved. Thanks to all. Rick

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.