[resolved] Is the What’s New page working for others?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Welcome to the new Website! Bugs [resolved] Is the What’s New page working for others?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

I am stuck on January 20, @ 5:47. Is it me?
    Thanks,
    Mark

carl ny
    Participant

“What’s new” works for me. I have it on “favorites” and it takes me right there. Up to date and all.

carl ny

Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

Thanks Carl.
    I have
    http://flofarm.org/dap/forums/whats-new/
    set as a favorite and it was working for me until it wasn’t. Kind of weird.
    I can see this by going to “forum” and then opening “bugs”, although this thread is not sown as the “most recent”. I need to actually open “bugs” to see it.
    HMMMMMMMMM.
    Mark

carl ny
    Participant

I can’t help you,according to “my son” I’m “computer illiterate”. LOL And he’s right!!

carl ny

Ed Thayer
    Participant

I was having trouble earlier with posting. But now it seems to work fine.

Jay
    Participant

The link I’ve been using for several months a few days ago now says “data error” so I’ve bookmarked the What’s New page and that seems to be working fine. Jay

dominiquer60

My bookmark still works, but my signature disappeared and I see a new black tool bar up top.

Also it seems that PeytonM is having problems posting “ln the thread “Need Outside Advice” , two posts by PeytonM didn’t make it to the public thread, but they are shown in part on his profile page.”

I messaged Gabe today, hopefully he sees all this when the work week starts.

Jeroen
    Participant

The black toolbar came when personal messaging was switched on.

When I press my bookmark, what’s new is often the same page as the last time I visited. When I refresh it’s ok.

Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

It is working now.
    Thank you….?
    Mark

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

Still comes up in outline form on the iPad. Not very inviting.

dominiquer60

Word on the DAPNet street is that we have a great new Web Committee with some energetic new members. They are getting a budget together and getting their ducks in a row, this includes taking note of our difficulties here on the forum. Our patience is required while they work together and with our webmaster to get some bugs worked out. But in the mean time it is good for us to make notes here when we notice new problems.

Jeroen
    Participant

That is great to hear. I advise the committee to look at other WordPress-plugins for the forum, which work better and have more possibilities like the old forum. This one is not that strong.

Maybe a stupid question, but why getting a budget together? This is all free software…

carl ny
    Participant

Erika;

I agree with every thing that Jeron said,also,my opinion is that the old forum was a lot better than this one..JMHO

carl ny

dominiquer60

DAPNet hires a person to do the web work, so even if the software is free we still have the expenses of services. Even though directors and committee members are all volunteers the web and administrative services that we rely on are hired out.

Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

I HAVE FOUND THAT IF THE “WHAT’S NEW FEATURE ” DOES NOT RETURN AN UP TO DATE LIST, LOGGING ON WILL MAKE IT DO SO.
    MARK
    Don’t we “hunt and peck”-ers love Caps Lock!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.